Oct 4, 2003

MonoWiki - Mono Certified

In response to an email I started this small effort at Mono's Wiki: MonoWiki - Mono Certified

<email>

>From: Ben Maurer "bmaurer@users.sourceforge.net"
>
>On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 11:34, Met @ Uber wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone has had success with any of the these (Nant,
> > OJB.NET, Maverick.NET, NVelocity) tools with Mono?
> >
> > The written support for all these projects are greatly lacking so its
> > hard to tell if I've even got a chance (mind you I'm just getting into
> > stuff this week ;-/ ).
>I know NAnt is pretty well working (but slow), and that Gonzalo has
>tried Maveric.net. The others -- i have no clue.
>
>I would love to see a list of projects that are known to work/known to
>have major bugs/known to work with small patches. That would be really
>great for the community.

The idea of a Mono-Certified Gallery or Repository, hanged around lately , see:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2003-September/015895.html

A crude start of it is at our Mono Wiki:
http://www.nullenvoid.com/mono/wiki/index.php/MonoCertified

But I felt phpwiki is too limiting in formatting (I've been using twiki, for Mono Brasil).
For example, I didn't even dare to try some html tables at it, what would certainly be
the best presentation for such kind of information.

Also I dream of a giant cascading web of continuous building engines to update
the status properly (either tinderbox, or nant-enabled draco.net), but that is further
down the road...

Best regards,

Rafael 'Dreamer' Teixeira
Brazilian Polymath
Mono Hacker since 16 Jul 2001
</email>

No comments: