I'll post details as I progress with it. But some of the ideas I already have are:
- to make it I18n-friendly (either gettext and resources, by defining/using localization providers and matching tools)
- drop the multiple constructor overloads for the attributes, in favor of the supported syntax for field initialization by name
- refactoring into a layered design, that should allow for imperative definition of option sets, besides the declarative form currently supported
- subcommands support
- easier runtime addition of options
- a tool to compile a DSL (Domain Specific Language) to binary optionsets classes and/or generate (cia codedom) partial classes sources in any language that have correct codedom support installed.
- a GTK# GUI tool (also wrapped as a MD plugin) to write the above DSL (some call it a graphical DSL)
- A WinForms component/editor to define/generate/use the DSL
- Full Monodoc/VSNET Documentation
- Sample code also in Boo, VB.NET and Java(IKVM)
Nevertheless suggestions are welcome.